Kung Pao Chicken With Broccoli
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, stem trimmed, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or sesame oil
- ½ cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 4 to 6 red hot chili peppers, finely chopped
- 5 cups cooked long grain white rice
Combine egg white and corn starch; mix with chicken pieces and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Combine bean sauce, hoisin sauce, chili paste, sugar, sherry, vinegar, and garlic; set aside.
Steam broccoli until tender but crisp; set aside.
Sauté chicken in olive oil or sesame oil until cooked through. Add sauce and stir until chicken is well coated. Stir in peanuts and red peppers. Add broccoli and mix until well coated with sauce.
Serve over rice.