Todd's Chicken Florentine Frittata
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Butterfly the chicken breast. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil, and cook the chicken breast for 6 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through, until no longer pink in the center. Remove from the skillet and set aside to cool slightly, then chop or shred.
In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and parsley.
In the same cast iron skillet, add remaining 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Sauté onion until soft, then stir in mushrooms. When the mushrooms start to shrink, add the spinach, chicken, and tomato. Pour in the egg mixture; gently stir to combine.
Sprinkle cheese on top of eggs, and place skillet in preheated oven. Bake until eggs are firm, about 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.