Spinach and Artichoke Quiche
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and roughly chopped
- 2 ounces garlic and herb semisoft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie crust, thawed
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
Put a baking sheet in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 425° F. Whisk the eggs, half-and-half, ¾ teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach, artichoke hearts and 2 pinches salt. Cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted and the skillet is dry, about 1 minute. Remove the vegetables to a plate lined with a few layers of paper towels; let cool slightly. Carefully pull up the sides of the paper towels and squeeze out most of the liquid; stir the vegetables into the egg mixture.
Scatter the goat cheese in the bottom of the pie crust. Pour in the egg mixture, then arrange the tomatoes cut-side up in the eggs. Carefully place the quiche on the hot baking sheet and bake until set, about 30 minutes.