Ham and Cheese Mini Frittatas
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ pound deli-sliced Swiss cheese, finely chopped
- ¼ pound ham steak, finely chopped
- ¼ cup half and half
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 large eggs, well beaten
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Brush a 12-muffin tin liberally with the butter. Divide the chopped cheese and ham evenly among the muffin cups. Combine the half-and-half, chives, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and eggs, and fill the cups up to just below the rim with the egg mixture. Bake the frittatas until golden and puffy, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to a plate with a small spatula and serve.
Note: You can also try defrosted chopped frozen broccoli and shredded Cheddar, or chopped cooked bacon with shredded smoked Gouda and sautéed mushrooms in place of the Swiss cheese and ham.